i1Publish Pro 2 by X-Rite is a top-class professional spectrophotometer that can perform the following kinds of operations:
- color profiling of computer displays and projectors;
- color profiling of RGB, CMYK and CMYK+ printers;
- on-screen print checks (soft proofing);
- spot color management;
- monitor QA;
- print QA.
The i1Photo Pro 2 is targeted towards professional photographers, graphics designers, design bureaus, advertisement agencies and other users who regularly take photographs, process them and print the results on professional/industrial printers and presses that accept graphics data in CMYK format, operate via RIP and use 4 or more inks (so called CMYK+ printers).
If you are a graphics professional but do not require camera calibration, have a look at the i1Basic Pro 2 instead (see below).
If you are shooting and editing photos and then print them on an RGB printer, check out the i1Photo Pro 2 (see below).
The i1Pro 2 spectrophotometer has extended spectral range (380÷730 nm) with improved resolution (10-nm steps). It operates at a speed of 200 samples per second. Unlike the previous UV/non-UV versions, the i1Pro 2 sensor has a built-in switchable UV filter. These improvements allow measurement at three kinds of standard viewing conditions: ISO 13655 M0: Tungsten; ISO 13655 M1: D50; ISO 13655 M2: UV Cut, as well as application of OBC (Optical Brightener Compensation) when measuring UV-reactive papers.
The i1Publish Pro 2 kit includes:
- An i1 Pro professional spectrophotometer;
- The iProfiler color profile generation software;
- The spot color management application Pantone® Color Manager;
- One ColorChecker Mini color chart for camera profiling;
- One ColorChecker Proof color chart for printer QA
- The following accessories:
- Ambient light measurement head;
- Monitor holder;
- Scanning ruler;
- Backup board;
- Positioning target;
- Soft-sided storage case.
Comparison between i1Pro 2 kits (Basic / Photo / Publish)
|i1Basic Pro 2||i1Photo Pro 2||i1Publish Pro 2|
|Profile & calibrate computer displays||•||•||•|
|Profile & calibrate projectors||•||•||•|
|Profile RGB printers||•||•|
|Profile CMYK printers||•|
|Profile CMYK+ printers||•|
|PANTONE® Color Management||•||•||•|
|ColorChecker Classic (Mini) test chart||•||•|
|ColorChecker Proof card||•||•|