SpyderCHECKR® is a comprehensive tool for color profiling of digital photo and video cameras. The SpyderCHECKR® has three main applications:
- Determination of white balance, exposure and contrast during shooting;
- Equalisation of color reproduction during multi-camera shooting or color-critical reproduction photography;
- Generation of custom camera profiles during editing.
The SpyderCHECKR® is primarily intended for use in studio and is particularly well suited for portraiture. A whole column of patches on the left flap of the color chart contains popular skin tones. The chart itself has similar reflection qualities to that of human skin.
A unique feature of the SpyderCHECKR® is the built in fade checker that will warn you when the patches have changed significantly, which will be in a really long time. The pigment inks used are very fade-resistant: they are formulated to stay within spec when subjected to the blistering Arizona sun for 30 whole days. That translates into many years under normal indoors use. User-replaceable patch sheets are available.
The free software that comes with the SpyderCHECKR® 24 generates camera profiles compatible with the most popular photo and video editing tools: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Lightroom, Hasselblad Phocus and Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve.
The biggest advantage of the SpyderCHECKR® 24 over all other color reference products is that the generated profiles are not linked only to RAW format photos but can be applied to JPEG images and video.
- Windows 7 32/64-bit, Windows 8 32/64-bit, Windows 10 32/64-bit, Mac OS X 10.7 or newer
- 128MB RAM
- 100MB free disk space
- Adobe Lightroom v2 or newer version; Adobe Photoshop CS3 or newer version; Hasselblad Phocus 2.8 and up; Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve 11 or newer version
- Internet connection for software download and product activation